Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bone Crossed

This is the 4th book in the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.

Book Blurb:

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned, the hard way, why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires immigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent - for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity. She's also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her vampires. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

I love this series. Mercy is very independent, but she has worked hard for that independence - and sometimes she still works for it. LOL With the Alpha of the werewolf pack wanting her for his mate - and the son of the head Marrok as her roommate - Mercy has to assert her independence without turning it into a issue of dominance. Sometimes that works out better than others.

These books are well written and each one is a natural progression from the previous one - they flow very well. I look forward to the next installment. :)

I give this book and the entire series 5 out of 5 stars.

Mercedes Thompson
1. Moon Called (2006)
2. Blood Bound (2007)
3. Iron Kissed (2008)
4. Bone Crossed (2009)

M


3 comments:

VampFanGirl said...

Hi Michelle,

I love Pat Briggs and her Mercy Thompson series is one of my absolute faves. I have 'Bone Crossed' and it's sitting pretty in my TBR pile but I'm still kinda reeling over the ending of 'Iron Kissed' and the horrible things that happend to Mercy so I'm a little gun shy about picking up BC. I'm just scared to read about Mercy getting hurt again. I've gotta psyche myself up!

Have you read any of the Alpha and Omega spin-off series? I love that Briggs has added a bit more romance in that series between Charles and Anna. Anna deserves some happiness.

Happy Reading,
VampFanGirl

Michelle Greathouse said...

Hello VampFanGirl,

I can tell you - without giving too much away - that you will be pleased with 'Bone Crossed'. I felt the same way you do about the ending of 'Iron Kissed' -but I hoped that Ms. Briggs would allow Mercy to triumph.

I have not read the Omega spin-off yet - but it is on my TBR list. :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Michelle

VampFanGirl said...

Hey Michelle,

Okay I'm feelin' a bit better about picking up BC. The cover just stares longingly at from across the room and I really should acknowledge it's presense.:) Soon, very soon.