Monday, October 5, 2009

Mailbox Monday


Good Monday morning. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. :) Here are a couple of books I received from PBS last week.


Book Blurb:

After narrowly surviving a bizarre animal attack while on vacation in the wilds of British Columbia, urbanite Cole Wickstrom is introduced to the mysterious world of werewolves, vampires, and other creatures, who are hunted by a loose-knit band of humans called Skinners.

Lost and pursued by werewolves in the woods, Cole is saved by a skinner named Paige, who teaches him the ways of the supernatural. Cole realizes that the Skinners are dwindling in numbers and losing a fight against the supernatural creatures that could leak over into the regular human world at any time.

Meanwhile the vampire Misonyk, who has an old grudge against the Skinners, has convinced another very powerful creature to fight for him.The creature is very strong, very dangerous and insane. Events set into motion by Misonyk and his creature could very well pave the way for the most powerful breed of werewolves to come forward and reclaim their territory. Cole takes a liking to Paige and cannot just leave her when this vampire and his companion begin their own killing spree. Eventually, Paige convinces Cole to join up with the Skinners and train to become one of them.






Book Blurb:

Sylvie Lightner is no ordinary P.I. She specializes in cases involving the unusual, in a world where magic is real - and where death isn't the worst thing that can happen to you.

But when an employee is murdered in front of her, Sylvie has had enough. After years of confounding the dark forces of the Magicus Mundi, she's closing up shop - until a man claiming to be the God of Justice wants Sylvie to find his lost lover.

And he won't take no for an answer.


These are both new authors for me and I am excited to read both books.

M

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

I have the Blood Blade (Skinners), but haven't gotten around to reading it yet, don't know why, is looks and sounds excellent!!

Let me know how it is, maybe I'll move it to the front of my TBR!

Dottie :)

Michelle Greathouse said...

Hi Dottie,

Good morning to you. :) I hope you are well.

I don't know how long it will be before I can get to these - my tbr shelf is growing by leaps and bounds - LOL. But as soon as I read them - I'll post my review. And if you get to Blood Blade first - I look forward to your thoughts on it. :)

M

Blodeuedd said...

New is always good :D
I have not seen them myself so I will be waiting for your reviews one day

Donna said...

Both books look good! I'm really wanting to read Sins and Shadows.

Enjoy your new reads. :)