Friday, October 16, 2009

Review: Covet


This is the first book in the Fallen Angels series by JR Ward.

Book Blurb:

Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about--his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charged with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option.

Vin diPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's good with that--until fate intervenes in the form of a tough-talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart--and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.

This book was pretty good. :)

I feel like I was not fair to this book - I was comparing it to the BDB the whole time - and it was falling short.

Now that I have finished the book and taken time to evaluate it on its' own merits - the book was good. I like the concept and I love the character of Jim Heron.

I love the writing style of J R Ward and her ability to weave a wonderful story and create memorable characters - and she did this with Covet.

I'm looking forward to the next installment in this new series - but I'm also hoping that this is not an end to the BDB.

I give Covet 4 out of 5 stars. :)

M

9 comments:

VampFanGirl said...

Hey Michelle! Glad to hear you enjoyed COVET.

Like your experience, I've read many warnings against expecting the BDB with COVET. I haven't read it yet, but I will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a great weekend!

;) VFG

Ailsa said...

Looking forward to reading this.

About the end of BDB - JR Ward has said that there several more books at least in the BDB series - if you drift through her forum, it's fairly easy to find who the next ones are going to be about.

Michelle Greathouse said...

VFG,

I look forward to your thoughts once you've read Covet. :)

Have a wonderful weekend as well.

gyg123,

Covet was a great read - not the BDB - but then again, what is? LOL I'm excited about the next BDB book - it is John Matthew's. :)

M

Stephanie Julian said...

I'm with you. Not BDB, but interesting enough to want to follow along. I'd curious to read more about her angels and demons.

SciFiGuy said...

On my TBR stack. I love Ward's BDB series. It least someone has time to read it :)

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I went into Covet knowing it was not BDB but still for me it was a DNF. I will probably try again later, possibly my problem was that I was in the middle of a werewolf binge...

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Michelle,
Sounds good enough for me :)
I do wanna read this book and am waiting for my copy

Donna said...

I'm so glad to see you liked Covet. I've read so many reviews on those that really didn't enjoy Covet as much as they expected. I'm looking forward to reading this book again. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I've read mixed things about this book, either you love it or you hate it. Still on the fence, but your review is tempting me.

Dottie :)