Thursday, November 12, 2009

Review: Real Vampires Don't Diet


This is the 4th book in the Glory St.Claire series by Gerry Bartlett.

Book Blurb:

First Glory's stood up on New Year's Eve by her long time main squeeze Jeremy Blade. Then a moonlight boat ride on Austin's Lake Travis with newly turned vampire, rock star Israel Caine (Ray) goes horribly wrong. Who knew there was a Siren lurking in the lake just waiting for her chance to lure unsuspecting vampires into a trap? Now Glory and Ray are racing against time to find vampire sacrifices or they're doomed.

With the storm of the century threatening to wash out her new home and an old enemy taking aim at her, things don't look good for Glory.

As for her relationship with Blade? Well, Glory wonders if maybe it's time to cut her longtime lover loose.

Valdez is at her side as usual, along with her friends who won't let Glory go down without a fight. Surely all this action is bound to help our curvy vamp lose a pound or two.

This installment let me down.

Usually I love the adventures Glory has and the trouble she gets herself mixed up in....but Real Vampires Don't Diet was boring.

In previous installments I have enjoyed the back and forth banter between Glory and Valdez - not so much this go round because it seemed like Valdez was more paternal - more responsible (and really, who wants to be reprimanded by a talking dog?) instead of being the sarcastic side kick I have grown to love.

I don't like Ray. Maybe it's because I really like Blade and think that Glory and Blade need to get together and decide they belong together forever. I'm not sure - but this story had too much of Ray and that could be why it didn't do it for me.

I give Real Vampires Don't Diet 2 out of 5 stars.

M

Real Vampires Have CurvesReal Vampires Live LargeReal Vampires Get LuckyReal Vampires Don't Diet
Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs


3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Not so good it seems, too bad, it looks like a fun book :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Aw I am sorry to hear that it did not fit the bill for you! But you enjoyed all other ones... But I do love your honest reviews honey! Hope you had a great day!

Donna said...

Oh, it makes me sad when I read a series and then one of the books isn't very good. Maybe the next book will be better. Do you think you'll keep reading this series?