Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Review: Kindred in Death


This is the 35th book in the In Death series by JD Robb.

Book Blurb:

When the newly promoted captain of the NYPSD and his wife return a day early from their vacation, they were looking forward to spending time with their bright and vivacious sixteen-year-old daughter who had stayed behind.

Not even their worst nightmares could have prepared them for the crime scene that awaited them instead. Brutally murdered in her bedroom, Deena's body showed signs of trauma that horrified even the toughest of cops; including our own Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who was specifically requested by the captain to investigate.

When the evidence starts to pile up, Dallas and her team think they are about to arrest their perpetrator; little do they know yet that someone has gone to great lengths to tease and taunt them by using a variety of identities. Overconfidence can lead to careless mistakes. But for Dallas, one mistake might be all she needs to bring justice.

I love this series. :)

Eve Dallas is one of my all time favorites - severely abused as a child, thrown into the foster system and then bounced out on her own - Eve found her calling in the NYPSD.

Eve is a tough, no-nonsense kick ass Lieutenant who solves the toughest crimes New York has to offer - oftentimes with her tough, sexy as hell, kick ass husband Roarke and her dependable sidekick Peabody and their crack EDD team.

I love the future world that Ms. Robb has created - and the 'futuristic' language that peppers the stories. I also love her writing style and the way she makes Eve seem tough - but vulnerable at the time.

I give Kindred in Death 5 out of 5 stars. :)

M

Naked in DeathGlory in DeathImmortal in DeathRapture in Death
Ceremony In DeathVengeance in DeathHoliday in DeathSilent Night
Conspiracy in DeathLoyalty in DeathWitness in DeathJudgment in Death
Betrayal in DeathOut of This WorldSeduction in DeathReunion In Death
Purity in DeathPortrait in DeathImitation in DeathRemember When
Divided in DeathVisions in DeathSurvivor in DeathOrigin in Death
Memory in DeathBump in the NightBorn in DeathInnocent in Death
Dead of NightCreation in DeathStrangers in DeathSuite 606
Salvation In DeathPromises in DeathKindred in DeathThe Lost
Fantasy in Death


4 comments:

Tamsyn said...

I've not read JD Robb but have heard high praise for her books. Maybe its time I try one, if just to see whether I like her style. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Tamsyn

Blodeuedd said...

Every time I see this series I swallow. Too catch up would take a lot of time!

Michelle Greathouse said...

Tamsyn,

I love this one. :) I found out about it from my father - he gave me book #5 and I can't read out of order so I grabbed the first one and was hooked. LOL

B,

I know it looks daunting - but the series is well worth the time. :)

Have a wonderful day.

M

Unknown said...

I haven't read J.D. Robb yet, I think because of my anal need to start at the beginning, lol. I've heard great things about her books, and I should just go ahead and take the plunge. At least I would be assured of more excellent books to read.

Dottie :)