Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review: Personal Demons


This is the first book in the Megan Chase series by Stacia Kane.

Book Blurb:

Megan promises listeners to her new radio call - in show that she'll 'slay their personal demons', and they believe her. So do the personal demons.

Although she doesn't know it, Megan is the only human without a personal demon on her shoulder. This, coupled with her psychic abilities, makes her a valuable weapon for any demon 'family' that can gain her allegiance. It also makes her a serious threat - not just to the personal demons, but to a soul - sucker known as The Accuser who has an old score to settle.

Megan and her allies - a demon lover who both protects and seduces her with devilish intensity, a witch with poor social skills, and three cockney guards - have to deal not only with The Accuser, the personal demons and the ghosts of Megan's past, but with a reporter who threatens to destroy Megan's career.

I enjoyed this book very much. :)

Megan is really not as bad ass as she is made out to be - but that is only because she does not know how to use her power. With the right training she can become a force to be reckoned with. :)

Greyson Dante (you can call me Grey) is a sexy demon who takes Megan under his wing (no, he is not really winged) and promises to protect her from the bad guys - even though, technically - he is a bad guy. LOL

This protection comes in the form of the three brothers Brown. I have to say that they are - by far - my favorite characters in this book. :) I really hope to learn more about them in future installments.

I give Personal Demons 4 out of 5 stars. :)

M

Personal DemonsDemon Inside

3 comments:

Amy C said...

Hi Michelle,
My mom read this one, and she really enjoyed it too. She has the next book, but I can't remember if she's read it or not, but I know she did like the this one too :D.

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds good to be, and I can see that more liked it from the comment above :D

Carolyn Crane said...

I've been wondering about this series and thinking about trying it! Really loving the cover. Thanks for the review!!