Monday, September 27, 2010

Mailbox Monday



Good Monday morning everyone.  It is raining at my house - has been all night, and I could not be happier.  We needed rain!  And an added bonus is the cooler weather that follows.  We should be in the low 80's all week.  Woo-Hoo!  :)

So here is a book I received from paperbackswap last week.  I read the first book in this series - and it was okay.  I thought I would give this second one a try and see how it goes.

Book Blurb:

My name is Calliope Reaper-Jones.  I'm just like any other working girl in New York City - stuck in a boring job, barely making rent, coveting every expensive fashion accessory I see but can't afford.

I know what you're thinking: "Callie, your dad is the head of Death, Inc.  You can afford those accessories."  But there's more to running the family business than wielding cosmic power over life and death.  Cubicle hell is nothing compared to the real thing.  Trust me on this.  So I've tried to stay clear of it.

But no matter how far I walk toward a normal life in my (bought-on-sale) Manolos, I keep getting dragged back into the paranormal world.  Now Cerberus, the three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hell, wants me to repay a debt I owe him, which means trips to Purgatory, Las Vegas, ancient Egypt - and a discount department store.  The things a girl has to do when she's Death's Daughter. 

Sounds like it could be cute.  :)

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

Awww what a cute kitty!
Happy reading Michelle