Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

Blaze of Memory is the 7th book in the Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh and a Berkley Sensation Paranormal Romance.

Book Blurb:


Dev Santos discovers her unconscious and battered, with no memory of who she is. All she knows is that she's dangerous. Charged with protecting his peo
ple's most vulnerable secrets. Dev is duty-bound to eliminate all threats. It's a task he's never hesitated to complete...until he finds himself drawn to a woman who might prove to be the enemy's most insidious weapon yet.

Stripped of her memories by a shadowy oppressor and programmed to
carry out cold-blooded murder, Katya Haas is fighting desperately for her sanity. Her only hope is Dev. But how can she expect to gain the trust of a man who could very well be her next target? For in this game, one must die...

Dev Santos is a Forgotten - a descendant of those Psy who first rebelled against Silence and chose not to join the PsyNet.


He and his organization, The Shine Foundation, are always on the look out for young Psy who have slipped the system and are being raised as human. He wants to give them a place to go and the resources they need to manage their abilities.

Katya Haas was once an employee of the Psy Council. She worked in a lab where her only responsibility was to test the Psy abilities of children.

After seeing the cruelty that lurked in the minds of her own kind - she rebelled. And paid for her rebellion with her own mind.

Blaze of Memory was a pretty good read.

I like Dev - he is certainly Alpha enough - especially for a Psy. Katya, for all her seeming fragility - has a will to live made of steel. And I like them together.

That being said. This was not my favorite installment. I think it is because they are both Psy - and I like the pairing when at least one of them is Changeling. Those Changelings are sexy. :)

I give Blaze of Memory 3 out of 5 stars.

M

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I just really want Hawke and Sienna's story already! I'm kind of resentful towards 'Blaze' because I don't want to read these couples, but I have to wait until 2011 for Hawke!

Amy C said...

I'm like 2 books behind in this series. This one and the one after. I think I kinda lost interest. I love the beginning of the series when it was fresh and new, but I guess I don't like it when a series goes on and on. I prefer trilogys, I think.

I think I would agree with you that I would not find it as good due to them both being psy. I love the way the changlings are so touchy with each other, it adds some sensuality to the relationship.

Someday I'll read this one.

Dana said...

This might not have been my favorite book in the series but it was pretty close. I actually like the fact that they're both Psy because it gives something different to this one, and even being Psy, Dev is 'animal' enough for me to keep things spicy. Plus near the end of this book when things are looking touch and go and it gets really emotional? Even though I knew I was going to get a HEA I was near tears, and it's one I've read over and over again since then which makes it definitely near the top for me.

But I'm loving the whole series so I probably can't be counted on for a truly objective opinion :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

Great review! I've not read this series, Nalini Singh is an author I have yet to try, but I hope I get a chance soon!

Hey Michelle.... you're the No Mercy winner on my blog! Send me an email @
gymmom_027@yahoo.com with your snail mail information!

Congrats!

Dottie :)

Michelle Greathouse said...

Danielle,

I'm looking forward to that story too. :) The feelings are there - on both parts - but I wonder what is going to happen to make Hawke finally act on those feelings.

Amy,

I can see how a long running series can get bogged down a bit. That is why I like when there are different players in the same game - it helps to keep things interesting.

That is exactly why I like the Changelings - the touchy/feely side of their nature. :)

Dana,

See, you have a different point of view. That is great!

And you are right, Dev is very predatory in his nature - I think it is because he was not raised in the net. I did think the ending was very emotional - and so unexpected. When she was healed - and the way she was healed - I was blown away. :)

Dottie,

I didn't know you had not read this series. I think you will like it. :)

*Squee* I am so excited about No Mercy!

Thank you all for stopping by.

M

Blodeuedd said...

I am with you on this one, need my changelings..and I haven't even read the book yet, but from what I have read so far I just know