Sunday, October 31, 2010

Review: Hungry For Your Love- An Anthology of Zombie Romance





Hungry For Your Love is an Anthology of Zombie Romance from St. Martin's Griffin.

Book Blurb:
Romance ain't dead...it's undead.

In this thrilling zombie anthology, horror fans will finally get their fill of zombie-on-zombie action, zombie-human love, and zombie smut. Because why should vampires have all the fun?

This collection of never-before-published tales includes:

--"Revanants Anonymous" by Francesca Lia Block: two zombies meet at a Revanants Anonymous meeting and when sparks fly they wonder how "dead" they really are

--"I Heart Brains" by Jaime Saare: a widow and a dead man get a second chance at love

--"Captive Hearts" by Brian Keene: zombie plagues can't stop a woman from caring for the man she loves

--"Everyone I Love is Dead" by Elizabeth Coldwell: what happens when your true love comes back from the dead--after you've already moved on with a new man?

--"Last Times at Ridgemont High" by Kilt Kilpatrick: an electrifying zombie romp

--and many more!



Hungry For Your Love is my first zombie anthology and it was a fun, quirky (occasionally gross and nasty) read.

I enjoyed the short stories, they were just long enough to pique my interest - but also fast paced and to the point.

I have to admit that I like my zombies to be the mindless, flesh eating variety rather than the talking, looking for action variety.  :)

Though this was an enjoyable read - for me, zombies are the bad guys and not one bit romantic.  Sorry zombies.  :)

I give Hungry For Your Love 3 out of 5 stars.

M



3 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I'm more of the Zombieland fan, not so much into Zombies need love too - I can't get into romance with the decaying undead!

Blodeuedd said...

Icky!! I agree with you, no zombie loving for me, those nasty suckers are dead meat

Michelle Greathouse said...

Julia,

Absolutely! Most of the stories in this anthology were fun and quirky and it was zombie/zombie love - but a couple of them were zombie/human and it was just icky! LOL

B,

ROFL! Zombie Loving.

M