For The First Time, The Best Reads Go to Sundance 2011
To Benefit Literacy
Friday, January 21 – Sunday, January 23
Like a love affair that spans decades, books have inspired many of the world’s greatest motion pictures. Now for the very first time, books will play a leading role at one of the most popular gifting suites at Sundance 2011. The GOOD BOOKS GOOD CAUSE literacy campaign was developed by Media Muscle, a marketing and publicity firm that has handled books and authors for over 20 years. Always seeking breakthrough opportunities to bring great books to new audiences, Media Muscle president Meryl L. Moss has created the GOOD BOOKS GOOD CAUSE literacy campaign to remind readers of all ages that, despite the technical maelstrom that surrounds us, books still light up our imagination --- and for nearly a hundred years they have motivated filmmakers to produce some of the greatest movies of all time.
A contribution from the Media Muscle GOOD BOOKS GOOD CAUSE literacy campaign will be donated to Charter Oak Challenge Foundation, a Connecticut-based organization that bridges the academic achievement gap of at-risk students by funding worthwhile educational, after-school and community outreach programs.
Among the books featured are:
· The Emperor’s Tomb (Ballantine/Random House) – Steve Berry
· The Trial (Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press) – Larry D. Thompson
· Willow (Penguin) – Julia Hoban
· Emily & Einstein (St. Martin’s Press) – Linda Francis Lee
· eChook – a digital publishing app that offers “ten-minute escapes in the palm of your hand”
· Reckless (Morrow/HarperCollins) – Andrew Gross
· The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen)– Julie Kagawa
· Toxic Friends (St. Martin’s Press) & You’re Grounded Forever…But First Let’s Go Shopping (St. Martin’s Press) – Susan Shapiro Barash
· The Hypnotist (MIRA)– M.J. Rose
· Dr. Nieca Goldberg’s Complete Guide to Women’s Health (Ballantine/Random House) – Dr. Nieca Goldberg
Singer Aubrey O’Day picked up a copy of THE IRON QUEEN by Julie Kagawa. http://mediamuscle.com/sundance2011/Oday_kagawa.JPG
Singer Nicole Holness grabbed WILLOW by Julia Hoban. http://mediamuscle.com/sundance2011/Holness_willow.jpg
Television personality Shar Jackson got lost in WILLOW by Julia Hoban. http://mediamuscle.com/sundance2011/Shar_willow.jpg
Louisa Krause, star of Martha Marcy May Marlene, was snapped with THE IRON QUEEN by Julie Kagawa. http://mediamuscle.com/sundance2011/Krause_kagawa.jpg
Media Muscle (www.mediamuscle.com) is a publicity, marketing and business development firm established in 1993 by Meryl L. Moss to promote authors and their books through media exposure, speaking engagements and creative marketing opportunities. Media Muscle maximizes exposure and builds bestsellers resulting in such blockbusters as ”“Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood,” “The World Without Us,” “The Extreme Fat Smash Diet” and “Rich Dad, Poor Dad.” Meryl L. Moss is also the co-founder and entrepreneurial force behind The BookTrib (www.booktrib.com), the first online portal to aggregate the best content from thousands of book blogs -- now rated in the top 1 percent of websites worldwide.
All books brought to Sundance are being given away on BookTrib.com in a special giveaway: http://booktrib.com/sundance-2011-book-bundle-giveaway.