Friday, January 27, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday: Week #77

 Dottie over at Tink's Place has come up with the idea for a Monday Morning Flash Fiction challenge. Each Monday a new picture prompt will be posted and if you choose to participate - you post your story on Friday - 350 words, give or take.  

And here is picture prompt #77:




In The Name of Honor
By Michelle Greathouse


Valeria moved through her chamber quickly, practice had been especially harsh and she longed for a bath.  She placed her sword on the table and removed her outer armor, relishing in the cool breeze that prickled her overheated skin.


“My, my.  What a lovely sight.  Will you be removing the rest of your clothing?”  Valeria whirled, sword in hand.  “How did you get in here Lex?  Get out, now!”


Lexor E’Lan chuckled, ignoring the sword and Valeria’s threatening stance.  “I unlocked the door, my dear.”  He taunted her with a key.  “No locked door in this compound will keep me from going where I want to go.”


“You overstep your bounds Lex.  I don’t believe this is what the king had in mind when he appointed you first command.” 


Valeria walked around the table placing as much distance between herself and Lex as possible.  It was a useless effort, Lex followed her - backing her into the wall.


“Oh Valeria.  When will you accept that you will be mine?”  His hot gaze raked her from head to toe.  “I will have you, whether you will it or no - and there is not a frekking thing you can do about it.”


Valeria gasped as Lex sent a wave of power through her - forcing her head back and locking her muscles.  She closed her eyes against the pleasure/pain surging within her core.  She hated Lex with every fiber of her being - but at this moment she wanted nothing more than to have him inside her.


Fighting the impulse his power wrought within - Valeria closed her fist around the pommel of her sword.  If only...


With a primal scream Valeria opened her eyes and lunged with her sword.  Lex opened his mouth in silent wonder, glancing from Valeria to her sword sticking out of his chest.  


Valeria walked over to the comm unit, called for security and sat down at the table to await their arrival.


The End
Word Count: 334


I hope you enjoyed this one.  It has been so long since I participated - but I love the picture and the story immediately came to mind.  :)  

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Yay, I missed your flashes :D I am happy to see that you are back and with bloody one too ;)

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

I missed them too. This one was really good!

ML said...

Really enjoyed the story! I can definitely see how well it fits with the picture. Thanks for sharing.