Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each Tuesday we're given a book related topic and we post our top ten favorites for that topic.
This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish Confessions:
10. I am not a fan of the 'classics'. Aside from assigned reading in high school - I've not finished one book that falls into that category.
09. While we are on the subject of things I'm not a fan of - I'd like to add MM Romance and Erotica. Perhaps I am a prude, or maybe just a stick in the mud - but those genre's aren't my cuppa tea.
08. As further proof of my prudish tendencies, I often skim over the sex scenes in books. In my defense though, it is generally the bad sex scenes with such phrases as "You're weeping for my cock." and "I'm drenched in your cream". That just makes me roll my eyes and laugh.
07. I often think that the book is better than the movie adaptation - but not so in the case of Forrest Gump - the movie was much better than the book.
06. Sometimes I will buy a book I have already read just because I find it at the dollar store. I mean, really - who can pass up a book for $1? I'll just set it aside for a giveaway. :)
05. I do not read E-books. I just can't. There is something about a bound book, the smell, the feel - I'm not really sure what it is - that is different from an e-reader. I guess I am a purist as well as a prude. A prudish purist? :)
04. This confession is not one that I am proud of. I do judge a book by its cover. I know, that is awful. And I freely admit that I could be missing out on some great reads - but I just can't help it. If the the cover does not catch my eye - I usually won't pick it up and read the back blurb.
03. This one is along the same lines as the one above. If I see a book from a new to me author and the cover has a blurb from an author that I have read and didn't quite enjoy - I won't pick it up. I know - that is terrible. But honestly, if I don't like that particular author and he or she is recommending this new author...well, you get my drift. And yes, I am hanging my head in shame.
02. I carry a book in my purse and have an emergency stash in my van. You never know when you might have a reading emergency. I like to be prepared.
01. I have 310 books on my tbr bookcases.