Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Night Rising

This is the first book in the Vampire Babylon series by Chris Marie Green.

Book Blurb:

In this first book of an all-new trilogy, life proves stranger than the movies when a Hollywood underground coven of vampires comes to light-and gets targeted by the tough-as-nails daughter of a sexy screen siren.

Stuntwoman Dawn Madison hasn't been on the best of terms with her father since her movie star mother died. Still, he is her dad, and when he vanishes while investigating the bizarre sighting-caught on film-of a supposedly long-dead child star, she comes home to Tinseltown to join the search for him. Working with his odd colleagues, she discovers an erotic and bloody underground society made up of creatures she thought existed only on the screen.

I have really been reading some stinkers lately - and this one takes the cake. I have to be honest here and say in my opinion the whole concept of the book is lame. LOL

You know how you wait for a book - I mean really look forward to it - only to read it and go what in the world was this person thinking? That is how I felt about this book. And to top it all off this series of books came out in the larger, more expensive trade paperback. The only reason I have this book is because they did a re-release of a mass market paperback and I bought it at Wal-Mart for $5 or $6. And let me say how glad I am that I did not pay the extra money for the trade edition.

The whole premise of this book is that vampires live Underground. They let high profile celebrities buy into their life style for outrageous amounts of money. The celebrity then 'dies' a horrible public death. Afterwards the celebrity moves Underground - lives there for X amount of time then re-emerges as a 'new found' celebrity in the likeness of their old self.

Based on this first book I can't say that I will read any of the others in the series. But I would really like to know what you think, if you've read the rest - do they get better?

I give the book 1 out of 5 stars - cause the book covers really rock. :)

M

Vampire Babylon
1. Night Rising (2007)
2. Midnight Reign (2008)
3. Break of Dawn (2008)
4. A Drop of Red (2009)
5. The Path of Razors (2009)

2 comments:

VampFanGirl said...

WOW! I love the new look! :) VFG

Michelle Greathouse said...

Thank you very much. I thought some nice spring like color was in order. :)