Friday, July 3, 2009

Review: Demon Mistress

This is the 6th book in The Sisters of the Moon series by Yasmine Galenorn and told from Menolly's point of view.

Book Blurb:

We're the D'Artigo Sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we're savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch whose magic is as unpredictable as the weather. My sister Delilah transforms into a tabby cat at the worst possible times. And me? I'm Menolly, acrobat-extraordinaire-turned-vampire. And if the nerds from hell don't get their act together, I'm going to turn their toga party into a bloodbath...


Life's getting stranger by the minute. First, Iris and I unearth a diary from one of the bartenders at the Wayfarer who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. And when I discover a ghoul in the woods near our home, we know there has to be a necromancer nearby--another sign that something's wrong. But the blood really hits the fang when we discover a secret society bent on winning Shadow Wing's favor. Now it's up to us to stop the chaos they've unleashed on the city, and to prevent the demon they summoned from devouring Delilah's soul...


I really enjoyed this book. :) With this series, sometimes I enjoy one book better than the other and I think I've figured out why. LOL


I like Menolly the best out of the three sisters. She is a tough, kick butt - take no prisoners vampire. She is what she is and makes no excuses for it. That is why I like her books the best.


Camille just has too much drama for me with her two husbands and missing lover.


Delilah is too soft for me. At the drop of a hat, or hanging string - she turns into a tabby cat. LOL I have to admit that I like her a lot better now that she can also turn into a panther.


All in all I like this series - but enjoy the books from Menolly's POV the best. :)


I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


M


Sisters of the Moon

1. Witchling (2006)
2. Changeling (2007)
3. Darkling (2007)
4. Dragon Wytch (2008)
5. Night Huntress (2009)
6. Demon Mistress (2009)
WitchlingChangelingDarklingDragon Wytch
Night HuntressDemon Mistress

5 comments:

Caffey said...

I love this series too! I got some catching up to do, but for me, I love each one for their own story so far. But that happens too where one can be a bigger favorite. That's happening now with the Mary Balogh's Boscastle books. I've loved each story so far but too I'm waiting for Con's story but that will be another year, but the more and more I get to know him over the books, he's been my favorite!

Anna said...

I liked Demon Mistress too. I thought it was way better then Night Huntress. I'm looking forward to getting back to Camille, I can't wait to find out more about what Trillian is up to.

oooh your reading Demon Angel. I love this series. There are a few parts that are hard to get through, but definitely worth it.

Michelle Greathouse said...

Caffey,

I've not read Mary Balogh - so looking her up asap. :)

Anna,

I agree, Demon Mistress was better than Night Huntress. :) As for Demon Angel - I'm about 3 chapters in and really enjoying it. :) Thanks for the suggestion - it's been about a year, but I've finally gotten to it. :)

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

M

Blodeuedd said...

I have seen the Galenorn books around and they sure look cool :D
Still haven't read anything by her though, not even a single excerpt

Lea said...

Hey Michelle:

I've read mixed reviews about this series but it does sound interesting. I like vampires so maybe I will give it a try!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

L