Thursday, August 20, 2009

Review: Bad Moon Rising


This is the 26th Dark Hunter book by Sherrilyn Kenyon and the story of Fang and Aimee.

Book Blurb:

Trouble’s on the rise in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter universe as war erupts among the lycanthropes, blood is spilled, and alliances are forged…and broken. In the middle of the chaos is Fang, a ferocious werewolf who lives to stalk his prey and rejoice in the kill. The quintessential lone wolf, he walks alone, asking for nothing—and expecting to get it. It has been said that behind him is the trail of a million broken hearts, from women who tried to tame him and failed.

But today is different. Today is the day he meets Aimee Peltier of the Bear clan, the one woman whose touch can shake him to his core. In the world of the Were-Hunters, like stays with like, species don’t mix, and they definitely don’t fall in love. But not so for Aimee. From the moment she sees Fang, all these conventions are tossed aside, and their passion is the stuff of legend. But times are dark, and there’s a bad moon rising on her and her mate. When Aimee is accused of treachery, Fang is her only hope. And to save her, he must break the law of his people and the faith of his powerful brothers, an act that could very well spell the end of the Were-Hunters and change the world forever….


I loved this book.

Bad Moon Rising is so very sad - but wonderful. LOL I can't believe the heart ache both Fang and Aimee must go through before they get their HEA. But they do get it, in the end. :)

This Dark Hunter world that Ms. Kenyon has created is absolutely endless. We were introduced to even more individuals in Dark Moon Rising that Ms. Kenyon can write about in the future and I must say that I am very interested in knowing more of three of them. :)

Simi made an appearance and I just love the Simi. :)

I guess for me, the only spot that makes me pause and go 'what' is that this book is set in 2003. I know Ms. Kenyon writes her books with more than one story going on at a time - but it just threw me for a minute when a character was mentioned that I know was killed a few books back. Other than that, everything was smooth. :)

I give this book and the entire series 5 out of 5 stars and look forward to the next installment. :)

M


Dark Hunters
1. Fantasy Lover (2002)
2. The Beginning (2002) (in Sins of the Night)
3. Dragonswan (2002)
4. Night Pleasures (2002)
5. Night Embrace (2003)
6. Phantom Lover (2003) (in Midnight Pleasures)
7. A Dark-Hunter Christmas (2003) (in Dance with the Devil)
8. Kiss of the Night (2004)
9. Night Play (2004)
10. Winter Born (2004) (in Stroke of Midnight)
11. Seize the Night (2004)
12. Sins of the Night (2005)
13. Second Chances (2005)
14. Unleash the Night (2005)
15. The Dark Side of the Moon (2006)
16. A Hard Day's Night-Searcher (2006) (in My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding)
17. Until Death We Do Part (2006) (in Love at First Bite)
18. The Dream Hunter (2007)
19. Devil May Cry (2007)
20. Upon the Midnight Clear (2007)
21. The Dark-Hunter Companion (2007) (with Alethea Kontis)
22. Dream Chaser (2008)
23. Acheron (2008)
24. One Silent Night (2008)
25. Dream Warrior (2009)
26. Bad Moon Rising (2009)
Night Pleasures / Night Embrace (omnibus) (2005)
Fantasy LoverSins of the NightDragonswanNight Pleasures
Night EmbraceMidnight PleasuresDance with the DevilKiss of the Night
Night PlayStroke of MidnightSeize the NightSins of the Night
Unleash the NightThe Dark Side of the MoonMy Big Fat Supernatural WeddingLove at First Bite
The Dream HunterDevil May CryUpon the Midnight ClearThe Dark-Hunter Companion
Dream ChaserAcheronOne Silent NightDream Warrior
Bad Moon RisingNight Pleasures / Night Embrace

10 comments:

Donna said...

Glad you enjoyed so much! I had a few problems with some of the retelling of the older stories but in the end, it was an enjoyable read. :)

Lea said...

Great review and post Michelle!

I too have enjoyed Ms. Kenyon's DH stories and hope to feature them at closetwriter one of these days. I'm about 7 or 8 books into the series. I was hesitant about this book but having read your and Donna's thoughts, I'm definitely going to add to my list!

Thanks
L

Mandi said...

I still need to get to this book, but I was wondering how it being set back in the past would work out.

Amy C said...

I finally got this one in the mail a few days ago.

I only read the first line of your review...'I Love this Book'!

That's enough for me :)! I really can't wait to get to it.

Anna said...

I loved this one too! The retelling of past events didn't bother me so much. I felt it was necessary to get to Fang's story. I can't wait to read Dev's book.

Michelle Greathouse said...

Donna,

I agree, it gave me pause for a bit..but it didn't interfere with the story too much. :)

Lea,

You know, I almost gave up on the series before I even started good. LOL I didn't enjoy the first 2 books all that much - but I am glad I stuck with it because this is truly one of my favorite series. I enjoy the Dark Hunter and Dream Hunter worlds that Ms. Kenyon has created - she is a very gifted story teller. :)

Mandi,

I think it being set in 2003 was a stumbling block for me only when I ran into characters that have already had their story - in my mind I was remembering what that story was and how those characters were now. But once I got myself out of the present - it was no problem.

Amy,

I am completely flattered and speechless. LOL Now I really hope you enjoy the book or next time you read one of my reviews you'll think I'm crazy and won't believe a word I type. LOL

Anna,

I like Dev as well and can't wait to meet the woman that is gonna tame him. :) I hope she's a spitfire and not one to put up with any of his antics. It just amazes me how many beings populate the DH world. This is one series that can literally go on forever if Ms. Kenyon chooses to let it. :)

As always, thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ladies. :) Have a wonderful day.

M

Blodeuedd said...

Yup I will never catch up.
But glad you enjoyed it :D

Anonymous said...

My goodness!!! I read only two of Kenyon's books. One was 'Night Play' and I absolutely LOVED VANE!! Ugh, so sexy.

I'm so behind in this series, I doubt I'll ever be able to catch up :(

VampFanGirl said...

Ugh! I'm so behind in this series.

So glad you liked this one Michelle. Hopefully I can catch up one day.

;) VFG

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I loved this one, although I did have to stop and thing a few times to remember what happened. Wish she hadn't waited so long to tell their story.