Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Review Recap



I have really enjoyed the month of September. :) I dedicated this month to clearing out my YA bookshelf - and I can't tell you how glad I am to have done this. I had no idea of the quality and quantity of YA books available today. If I had even half of these to choose from when I was a teenager, I would have been thrilled!! I still have 6 or 8 YA books on the shelf and a few more on my wish list - so I imagine I will be dedicating another month next year to my YA collection. :)

Without further ado - here is a recap of the books and scores for the month of September. :)

5 Stars

Frostbite - Richelle Mead
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
Blue Bloods - Melissa De La Cruz
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Lord of Misrule - Rachel Caine
Carpe Corpus - Rachel Caine

4 Stars

Evermore - Alyson Noel
Tithe - Holly Black
The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong

3 Stars

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith
Lament - Maggie Stiefvater

I can recommend all of the above books - they are pretty good reads. :)

M

5 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Several of those are on my TBR list - I like the way you put them up by your ratings, that gives me a good indication of where to start!

Blodeuedd said...

I must be terribly stick with my grades, only 2 has ever gotten 5 from me, poor authors ;)

VampFanGirl said...

I'm so with you, Michelle. If these had been offered when I was a teenager, there would be no end to the hours I would've spent reading.

I'm lovin' all the five star reads. No wonder September was a good month. ;)

~VFG

Michelle Greathouse said...

Patti,

Thank you. :) I look forward to your thoughts on the ones you read. :)

B,

If a book engages me from start to finish - makes me want to keep reading and wanting more when I get to the last page - they get a 5. :) I don't think you are stingy - you have your own way of rating books. And that is just fine. :)

VFG,

I was remembering when I was in school - we never went to the library unless we needed to use the encyclopedia. Now the kids go every week and they are encouraged to read - and read in their age bracket. I think it is wonderful. I inherited my love of reading from my family - but some children don't have that influence at home - I'm glad they get it at school. :)

Thanks for stopping by ladies. Have a wonderful day. :)

M

Donna said...

I agree with you and VampFanGirl - I would have LOVED to of had these books when I was a teenagers.

You had a great selection of YA reads to pick from. :)