Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Review: DreamFever


This is the 4th book in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.

Book Blurb:

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister's murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac's every thought - and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.

As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V'lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister's diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac's greatest enemy delivers a final challenge...

It's an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth - about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons.and about the world she thought she knew.

I love this book!!!

I was so afraid for Mac - the way the last book ended. I did not see how she was going to overcome the awful situation she had been placed in. But she did - with the help of Barrons.

The Fever series is one of my all time favorites and the series get better with each installment. DreamFever was an awesome read - fast paced, action filled and full of 'what' moments. :)

I was amazed with the cliffhanger ending and can't wait for the next installment - which will be the last. Ms. Moning left a note in the back of the book saying the 5th book will be the last in the Fever series.....man, she has a lot to wrap up in that last book. :)

I give DreamFever and the entire Fever series 5 out of 5 stars. :)

M

5 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

OMG - the cliffhanger ending!!! I don't see how she's going to wrap everything up in the last book - there's so much going on. And I love Barrons - he was so sweet to her.

Anna said...

I loved this book too. One of my favorites in the series I think. The cliffhanger about killed me, but i can't wait to see what happens in the next book. :)

Mandi said...

She does have a lot to wrap up in book five.

LOVE this series. Can't wait for book five, but don't want it to end either:)

Donna said...

The cliffhanger was a "NO! No, she didn't just leave hanging like that!!! NO!!!" I love this series, I'm so glad I read it.

Just wish they would put a publish date on the last book so I can have a fixed time to look forward to.

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Michelle - I have loved each book in this series, but the ending of this one was such a shocking cliffhanger! lol