Thursday, October 22, 2009

Review: Syren


This is the 5th book in the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage.

Book Blurb:

In this fifth book in the Magykal series, Septimus ends up on a captivatingly beautiful island, one of seven set in a sparkling sea. He's stranded there with his badly injured dragon, Spit Fyre, along with Jenna and Beetle. There are some strange things about the island, including a Magykal girl named Syrah, a cat-shaped lighthouse that has lost its Light, and an eerie presence that sings to Septimus - can he escape the persistent call?

Trouble is also brewing for Lucy and Wolf Boy, who have become entangled with some nefarious sailors at sea, and for Milo Banda, Jenna's father, who is harboring a mysterious treasure chest in his ship's hold.

Charismatic storyteller Angie Sage continues Septimus Heap's Magykal journey with more laugh-out-loud adventures, more enchanting charms and spells, and an ever-deepening understanding of the interior life of a young hero.

This book was submitted for review and I retain the book. :)

Syren is a very cute read. I enjoyed this book and the world Ms. Sage has created. :)

I find the world of Septimus Heap to be a cross between Eragon and Harry Potter - and that is a wonderful world indeed. :) Septimus has progressed in his apprenticeship and he now has more freedom - and that freedom allows him to get into precarious situations - and eventually find his way out of those situations with the help of his friends.

If you are a longtime Septimus fan - then Syren is a must have. If you are new to the series - then it is best to start with the first book and work your way through to Syren.

I give Syren 3 out of 5 stars. :)

M

MagykFlytePhysikQueste
SyrenSeptimus Heap Box SetThe Magykal PapersSeptimus Heap 1-4

3 comments:

Anna said...

I have read the first three in this series and enjoyed them. Though the first one is still my favorite.

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds good :=D
Perhaps I should try the first one, I think I have seen it in the library

Donna said...

My stepdaughter loves this series. Maybe I'll snoop through her Septimus Heap books. Thanks for the review.