Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn


Harvest Hunting is the eighth book in the Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn.

Book Blurb:

It's Samhain and the Autumn Lord has called for my training to begin with the Death Maidens....and I find that I like it.

But we've got problems: werewolves are going missing and a new magical drug, "Wolf Briar" is being used as a weapon.

My dear Chase and I have come to a delicate crossroads and there's no turning back from our decision.

And most dangerous of all: Stacia Bonecrusher has put a bounty on our heads.

Now it's a race to take out the demon general before she realizes the sixth Spirit Seal is within her reach.

My thoughts:

Harvest Hunting was a very good read.  I normally like the books told from Menolly's POV best - but that being said, Harvest Hunting was a great addition to the series.

Delilah is growing into her powers as a Death Maiden - and growing into her self as a person as well.  In this installment Delilah is faced with a couple of decisions - both of them personal.  I think she made the right decision in both cases.

Menolly is happier now than she has been since being turned vampire.  Her personal life is going well and she seems to have finally come to terms with what her life is now.

Camille and her husbands are settling in nicely - but a message from home brings sad news from the girls father.

Progress is made with Stacia Bonecrusher - and it is very satisfying progress indeed.  :)

I give Harvest Hunting 4 out of 5 stars. 

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Michelle,
Nice review, seeing her books around always makes me think..should I read them, but I never seem to make my mind up lol