This week is a freebie topic - and my first week participating. I've chosen to list my Top Ten Favorite Book Series.
1. Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole
- I had the first book in the series on my tbr shelf for some time before reading it - due to the less than spectacular cover. This series is amazing and thankfully, the covers are much improved.
- I was in the book store one day - just waiting for something to jump out at me - when the manager handed me the first book in this series. She said if I wanted a good laugh - this was the series for me. I went home, read the book in one sitting then went back to the book store the next day and bought the next three books in the series.
- My father gave me the fourth book in this series. I had not read the previous books, so left it on the shelf for a couple of years. I happened across the first book at the thrift store and bought it - read it - and had to have the rest of the series.
- Long before True Blood, I found the Sookie Stackhouse omnibus edition, Dead in Dixie, from the Science Fiction Book Club. This edition includes the first three books in the series. I loved it!
- I found the second and third book in this series at the grocery store of all places. I loved the back blurbs so bought them both - went home and put up my groceries and then headed to the book store in search of the first book. I was immediately hooked.
- This is another omnibus I picked up from the SFBC - this one contains the first two books in the series. I wasn't immediately hooked on this series because of all the baby powder smelling lessers - but I am absolutely happy that I kept with it. I love the guys!
- Yes, this is actually two separate series - but they are connected, so I've included both. I saw the first book in the Demonica series on the shelf for a couple of weeks - picked it up, read the blurb, put it back. It seemed so different - a demon hospital run by demons. I took the plunge - bought the book and fell in love. This is an amazing world!
- The first book in this series was all over Myspace (before I had a blog) and I was intrigued by the cover as much as the blurb. I was hooked from the first chapter and have since tried all of Ms. Showalter's series - but this one is my favorite.
- My daughter borrowed the first book in this series from her BFF in 9th grade. She enjoyed it and said I might as well. It was a short book, I had the time - so I read it. I loved the concept of a town full of vampires - and one young woman who plays such a huge role in their 'lives'.
- I found the first book in this series at the used book store. I actually picked it up for my mother - but ended up reading it myself. I was floored. This book came alive for me and is still one of my all time favorites. Even though the last book was a bit of a disappointment and we have to wait so long for new installments - Jaime and Claire will always hold a place in my heart.