Sunday, November 26, 2017

My Week in Review: 11/18/17-11/25/17


I hope all of my American peeps had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We did our first ever black Friday shopping and I had a blast.  I was completely tired when we got home, but it was such fun.  :)

Here are the books I'd like to share with you today.

Elusion by Zoe Parker - 4 Stars ****

The First Prophecy
Seed of Death and Dragon’s womb, suffering her fated tomb.
She, our savior, the Fallen’s soul, shall shed her blood to make us whole.
A vengeful Darkness she will arise, her love calls forth the Darkest tide
Yet, if her heart has ceased to beat, the world shall eclipse in Dark complete.
--------------------

Pretend Ma told me the terrible things done to me were for the greater good. That I would be a hero and fight for those who can’t fight for themselves.
I’m not so sure about that.
I am sure about that my time in this world is drawing to a close. I’m okay with that. I even wish for it, some days. Then I meet HIM. Mr. Glowy Eyes.
I’m also sure I’m a monster, and I’m CERTAIN that he’s so much worse than that. But he also shows me something important. Very important. Do you want to know what it is?
Are you still waiting?
I can’t tell you, silly rabbit. Who gives something like that away?
Mr. Glowy Eyes is waiting, too.
In the dark…
Under the bed…
I can’t promise he won’t eat you…

But I can promise you won’t mind when he does.

Dead: Siege and Survival by T W Brown - 4 Stars ****


The first winter has come, and with it, new problems. No longer are the zombies the biggest threat to survival. With the global infrastructure gone, people are forced to do whatever it takes to survive...even the unthinkable.

Steve faces his toughest decision yet as he tries to lead his people through one nightmare after another. Kevin risks everything to save one girl and finds himself in the middle of a military fight for power. Juan fights his way home, but soon finds himself leaving the island...at the worst time possible. Two women set out for London...but one has a secret that she is keeping under wraps. One man seeks to be a god as a new exodus occurs in Egypt. A soldier abandons his post, but can he escape his duty?

The darkest days have come now that winter has most of the world in its clutches.

Dead: Confrontation by T W Brown - 4 Stars ****


Several months have passed since the dead began to walk. The first winter has taken its toll in more ways than one as humanity continues to struggle to survive.

Not every threat to humanity comes form the undead as so many have discovered man's ability to sink into depravity with the absence of law and order. Time and again survivors have fought, run. and regrouped. Yet, there seems to be no respite, and as winter draws on...things become more and more difficult to endure. A new threat seems to materialize even before the last can be dealt with. And if the physical toll was not enough, the hours of isolation and the time left with one's thoughts can become just as destructive.

How much more can you take?

Dead Team Alpha by Jake Bible - 4 Stars ****


In the post-apocalyptic, zombie infested wasteland, there is one beacon of safety in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains: The Stronghold.

For decades, the inhabitants have fortified and defended the Stronghold from zombie hordes, building their society and culture on military precision.

And chosen from the best of the best is Denver Team Alpha. DTA is the elite strike force used to rescue survivors and refugees that have made it to the hellish wasteland of Denver below. But because of the unbelievable risks, and high mortality rate, DTA has come to stand for something else: 

Dead Team Alpha.

Now DTA will be put to the test as something far worse than zombies comes at them out of the wasteland.

That Ghoul Ava by T W Brown - 4 Stars ****


That Ghoul Ava: Her First Adventures gives you TWO entertainingly funny Ava tales. 

Relive the day she first joined the supernatural community and discover how her bond with the human Lisa Jenkins first began. Also meet regional Psychic, Morgan and the vampire that would get under Ava's skin from their first encounter in a 24 hour super market. 

Then, In Ava versus the Rogue Vampire, follow Ava and Lisa on their first real "assignment" on behalf of Morgan when a rogue vampire slips into Vampire Queen Belinda's territory and starts killing indiscriminately. 

Just don't expect Ava and Belinda to share a hug when it is done...

I really enjoyed all of these books.  I hope you are reading something great.

Thanks for stopping by.
Michelle

No comments: