Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Week in Review 1/6/18-1/13/18


I had a very good reading week and that always makes me happy.  I am excited to have found a couple of new to me authors.  But I am also weirded out a bit at this new trend I have spotted on Kindle Unlimited....it is 'reverse harem' and they are all over the list of available books.  Speaking only for myself, one fella is plenty for me.  :)

Here are the books I want to share with you today:

Blade Song by JC Daniels - 5 Stars *****


Kit Colbana--half breed, assassin, thief, jack of all trades--has a new job: track down the missing ward of one of the local alpha shapeshifters. 

It should be a piece of cake.So why is she so nervous? It probably has something to do with the insanity that happens when you deal with shifters--especially sexy ones who come bearing promises of easy jobs and easier money.Or maybe it's all the other missing kids that Kit discovers while working the case, or the way her gut keeps screaming she's gotten in over her head. Or maybe it's because if she fails--she's dead.

If she can stay just one step ahead, she should be okay. Maybe she'll even live long to collect her fee...

Midnight Star by Karpov Kinrade - 4 Stars ****


I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until I sold my soul to save my mother. Now, I am forced to choose between my heart and my conscience.

Either way, someone I love will die.

The Dumbass Demon by Gary Jonas - 4 Stars ****


My old man sics a nuisance demon named Kevin on me to force me to grow up and stop being a slacker. The only way I can expel the jerk is to develop magic I create and control. Until then, Kevin plans to push me, prod me, and annoy me into action.

It's one thing to miss a few naps, but Kevin shoves me into a dispute between a Greek god who wants to be a rock star and some hot women I thought were just myths, but make wonderful music together. Now I have to learn magic or the only nap I'll be taking is a dirt nap.

Gambit by JC Staudt - 4 Stars ****


My name is Cade Cadigan, and in a city where supernatural creatures hide in plain sight, I'm the only human I know with the power to keep them in line. I've always been able to keep my wizarding ways a secret - until now. Someone's after me, and I'm about to blast my way through a dangerous world of monsters and magic to find them...

The Red Queen by K N Lee - 3 Stars ***


Graduating highschool was a piece of cake. Try surviving a college where fairies make up the cheerleading squad, doorways open to other worlds, and finals are life or death. Literally.

Welcome to Wonderland University.

Wizards. Warriors. A magical adventure into a paranormal world awaits.

Iracebeth has four years until she sits on the throne as the Red Queen of Wonderland. But, four years with her arch nemesis, Alice proves to be more of a brutal eternity when her life starts to systematically fall apart. Did she have to steal her boyfriend, friends, and every hope for happiness?

For once, Beth is tired of being the perfect princess. This year, she's going to fight back. Poor little Alice has no idea what's coming.

I hope you are reading something wonderful.  If you have any book suggestions for me, please leave a comment.

As always, thanks for stopping by.
Michelle


No comments: