Saturday, December 15, 2018

My Week in Review: 12/8/18-12/15/18


These last few weeks have been hit or miss with me as far as reading goes - either I really like something or I get bored after the first few chapters.  I guess that happens to us all from time to time.

This weeks theme: Fae

Deception by Zoe Parker - 4 Stars ****


  
The dark is angry…

Jameson, the dummy, went off chasing boobs so now I’m chasing a boob too—him.
Every road, so far, ends at a dead end or with someone dead at the end. Mostly the latter. My patience is growing short and so is time.

As Phobe blithely reminds me with his sharp smile, there’s a reason the Sidhe chose me and that reason leaves me covered in blood.

When I finally find the people who took my nerd—I realize the depth of deception.
Betrayed unexpectedly, the hurt calls forth the angry darkness sleeping inside of me. I’m not sure how much longer I can hold it back, or if I even want to anymore.

Not when the father of Darkness smiles the way he does at me, wanting me to give in. And the people responsible for ALL the pain and hurt in my life are only a few dead bodies away.

Fae Like Me by Lucy Auburn - 4 Stars ****


I just learned I’m a part fae succubus. And I need to find the men to sate my sexual appetite...

Here I thought I was a normal college girl with a high libido. Turns out that’s wrong—I’m so much more. I have powers, and if I don’t learn how to control them, I’ll wind up killing someone.

Baton Rouge has never been so hot as it is when I meet Leon and Naomi. And Tae Min, Petyr, Elah, Vincent: all fae. Here to guide me into my new life.

A life that includes hunting down the demon summoner who framed my best friend for murder. Catching bad guys, meeting dark fae, making a harem—my new life is different.

Worst of all, now I know my parents lied to me. I was never theirs. And my real parents?

Well, they’ve got a hell of a surprise in store for me.

Life isn’t easy for a fae like me.

Curse of Iron by D D Miers & Graceley Knox - 4 Stars ****


If you think I have it all, you're wrong.


I’m Morgana Silk and I'm a hybrid. Daughter of the Fae Storm King, my mother's witch family has wanted me dead since I killed her in childbirth. Fun. Right? Yeah. Until one day, I wake up with a dead body in my bed, and find myself framed for the murder of a highly respected alpha.

Grayson Xenos is tailing me. He's as handsome as his jaguar is deadly, and I certainly didn't expect him to have my back. The enemy has an evil magic I can't face on my own, and Grayson needs me to help him just as much as I need him. He's a temptation I can't ignore nor deny. I have the power to unmask the hidden enemy and he has the power to take them down.

But only if I can embrace the heritage I’ve avoided for so long…

Fae Cursed by Dyan Chick - 3 Stars ***


A war over the future of magic holds two worlds in the balance.

Ara finds herself in the middle of a world she never knew existed when she is forced to join an immortal traveling circus.

She quickly discovers that when it comes to the Rose Circus, nothing is as it seems. The group she’s traveling with are cursed members of the Fae who have had their magic stolen, which protects them from their enemies.

Powerful Fae, Sayge, and Dark Fae are in a war that spans two realms. The members of the Circus are cursed, and Ara, as a human, could break the curse. But that puts a deadly target on her back. Because some curses aren’t meant to be broken, and some happily ever afters are hard to come by.

Somehow, Ara finds herself in the middle of the war.  And as the war between the Fae escalates, she’ll have to choose a side. In a world where nothing is as it seems, and magic hides in plain sight, will Ara discover her own legacy of magic?

Fae of Fortune by J P Logsdon & Eric Quinn Knowles
3 Stars ***


Half fae. Half mage. All trouble.


Savannah Sage always wanted to be a cop in the Paranormal Police Department. As a half fae, she has plenty to prove. Being placed in charge of the department’s rejects wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

With a neurotic werewolf, a vampire who thinks he's James Bond, and a murderous pink teddy bear, she has her work cut out for her.

When Sage discovers the fae are stealing magic gems to build a super weapon, her chief doesn’t believe her. To stop the fae, Sage has to turn her team of misfits into the department’s best. If she fails, it’s the end of her career.

Or worse...

That's it for me.  I hope you see something you like.  As always, thank you for stopping by.

~Michelle

No comments: